Monday, March 3, 2014

Ottobre Kehra Tunic

I know I had said I was going to sew up the Oliver + S Jump rope dress, but I ran into a problem.  My older daughter, Miss. Ally was feeling rejected.  I've been sewing mostly for Miss. Jenelle and well, poor Ally was feeling glum.  LOL  

She picked out this fabric and asked for a tunic style top to wear with skinny jeans.  Sewing for a  tween (12 year old -- will be turning 13 years old this year) is challenging and I do feel a bit intimidated by it.  I find sewing for younger kids easier.  Guess it's because they never complain; wear what I make, and I pick fabrics and styles the majority of the time.   

Anyhow, we got hit was another snow storm on Sunday morning.  We hardly ever get snow!  Living in the Pacific Northwest our winters are mostly rain, and then some more rain, mixed in with even more rain!! Anyhow, church was cancelled so I spent the day puttering in my sewing nook.  We have a wonderful wood stove just by my sewing area so I was cozy and in sewing bliss! 

Pattern is Ottobre Spring 2009  #35 the Kehra Tunic.  Size 170.   I used snaps instead of buttons.  The snaps I used are some pearl purplish/grayish ones I had bought eon's ago from fabricland.  I have a KAM  heavy duty snap press which makes putting on snaps a breeze!  Fabric is a fine wale corduroy. 


I have to show you this.  When I was contemplating about starting up a blog I was trying to figure out what I would call it.  I came up with Cheryann Collections.  I then thought, wouldn't it be cool if I got my own Clothing tags made up with my blog name - Cheryann Collections!  I designed and ordered them from Miss. Label.    They were super speedy and awesome to work with.  I love how it looks with my own label and size tag in the garments I make.  Like I said, I get a big 'ol grin whenever I look.  LOL


Here is Miss. Ally doing her runway pose!  

Fit is good + good length = one happy Miss. Ally which then ='s one happy Mother!!  Yeah!

Thanks for stopping by!  

Happy Sewing!

2 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful top! I too have thought about getting labels, but whenever we buy from a store, my girls cut them out. Maybe I'll try my own eventually. I could put them somewhere other than the neck. I think my son would get a kick out of having my label in his shirts maybe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Shirley Ann -- I appreciate your comment! I'm loving my labels and get such delight in sewing them into the items I make. It's the little things that please me I guess! Lol Thanks again! :)

      Delete