Monday, March 17, 2014

A feminine 2-tiered flared top

Hmmm....guess I'm procrastinating!  I haven't started the Spring Clean and Purge yet.  Oh well.  I did sew though...so life is good!  LOL

After I made the denim skirt I knew I wanted to make a pretty top to go with it.  I had bought this pattern the other day at Fabricland (Canadian version of Joanne's).  My local store is discontinuing all Simplicity and New Look patterns.  They had all of them stuffed into a wire revolving rack.  I looked through most of them and found a few.  I had wanted to buy the Lisette Traveler Dress for awhile now and was thrilled to see they had exactly ONE left!!  Wahoo!!   Even better I paid only $2.00 each for the pattern.  Score!!

Anyhow, I liked this Simplicity pattern and knew my oldest daughter would love it!  


So I rummaged through my fabric stash and found a pretty cotton eyelet that had a nice drape.  I made view C but added the tier to it.



I love the back of the blouse.  So cute and such a simple touch to add the bow.


Here is my daughter dressed in her new outfit before we left for church on Sunday.

A better picture of the blouse modeled by Miss. Ally. ( Eeekkk - colour is off on this picture.)

Funny how patterns work out....I sewed up the shorts in this pattern and they are a fitting disaster...they are HUGE and the rise is ridiculous!!  So, for a $2.00 pattern the top is a success but the shorts = epic fail!!  LOL

Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Sewing!

4 comments:

  1. The top is very pretty and goes perfectly with the denim skirt. Great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice top. Thank you for the review. I plan to make this for my daughter soon and wanted to know how it worked out for others. Oh shoot - I bought this for the shorts too. Oh well we'll have to make due with the dress and shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting! The shorts were just too big (very wide) and they came up to my daughters armpits!! LOL I should have pinned the pattern pieces together and did a proper fitting with my daughter but I didn't. I did manage to take them in a whole bunch (reduced the rise) and the shorts are wearable...but for home only. So all was not lost! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete