Sunday, February 9, 2014

Ottobre Rousku Blouse and Jenkka Skirt

I've had this Alexander Henry fabric called "cowgirls and boys" in my stash for quite some time.  I didn't realize how old it was til I read the date stamp on the selvage edge of the fabric.  It read 2002.  Really??  Have I seriously held on to this fabric for 12 odd years???  Guess it was about time to sew it up!!  I'm glad I did because I love how this outfit turned out!

I used the Ottobre Rousku blouse pattern again.  (From the Fall 2010 issue).  I up-sized it  to 140 and added a bit more depth  to the sleeve cap.




I seem a bit placket obessed!  I love the look of plackets.  I was pleased with getting the cute little cowboy centered on the placket here.  Yeah!

I thought a pleated corduory skirt would go perfectly with the blouse.  So I sewed up the Ottobre Jenkka skirt (Winter 2012 issue).  It's such a cute skirt with a narrow waistband and an invisible side zipper.

The photo above is a bit washed out.  The corduroy is much richer in real life.

Below is a picture of the whole outfit.

Thanks for looking,  Happy Sewing!!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Cheryl! I am about to trace this pattern and looked to see what others have made. Yours turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete