Monday, February 3, 2014

A trio of Blouses

Phew -- my first post on my own sewing blog!  This feels pretty cool!  I'm excited to be starting on this little blogging adventure.

I made three blouses for my youngest daughter.  I love the look of tunic style blouses on little girls.  Gives a sort of nostalgic look in today's modern age.

The first blouse is a Citronille Gretel pattern.  I love the vintage look.  The pattern is in french but does give detailed pictures of the whole sewing process.  I didn't like the way they did the placket.  They have you sew the  placket to the inside of the blouse.  I prefer the placket to be placed on the outside of the blouse.

Once the blouse was made I knew it was going to be too big on my daughter.  I had her try it on we both burst out laughing.  She looked like was wearing an 1800's men's sleep shirt!  I kept seeing Ebenezer Scrooge from A Christmas Carol in his nightshirt!  Needless to say, I knew I had to take in the fullness.  I added a drawstring waistband and am very pleased with the results.
                                                                                                                                                                   



The next blouse I made is one of my favorite Ottobre patterns.  I've sewn this blouse in smaller sizes and absolutely adore the look.  This particular pattern only goes up to a size 128.  I knew the size 128 may be too small but went ahead and sewed it up anyways.  I used  a cotton that had been sitting in my stash for quite awhile.


                                 

                                


Unfortunately, the above blouse is too small.  Because I love the style of this blouse, I took my pattern and up-sized it 2 sizes bigger.  I used a cotton print I had bought from a co-op a few years ago.  The blouse below fits great but is a tad snug around the arms.  


    




I'm going to sew up another blouse in a cute Alexander Henry fabric that's been curing in my stash for a very long time!  I plan to  modify the sleeves to make them a bit fuller around the arm scythe.  Hopefully the fit will be perfect!

Until next time...

Happy Sewing!!    








No comments:

Post a Comment