Monday, February 10, 2014

My newest addition - a Janome Horizon 8900 QCP

I'm so exited!! Meet Maggie....Maggie the Magnificent. A Janome Horizon 8900 QCP She's a true beauty!! My fleet of machines are almost all Janome, though I do own  a Babylock cover-stitcher which I love too.    My Janome machines have been excellent and I'd never deter anyone from buying one.




This new delightful baby has a lot of cool features. Comes with 270 stitches with 9mm stitch width. It has a huge 11" free-arm work space which is awesome for quilters. I love the 7-piece feed dogs which will be awesome for feeding a bunch of different fabrics through. Has a cool automatic thread cutter...love that as it cuts both threads and brings them to the back. There are 11 different types of buttonholes and even three alphabets. Oh and the foot control pedal is HUGE!! Love that...no more slipping away. Bliss -- pure bliss!!



I was sewing on a Janome 9000 computerized sewing and embroidery machine. She has been a good and faithful machine and has sewn a ton for me. I have no complaints but just needed something a little more heavy duty. A machine that can sew through thick, lumpy layers and Maggie fits the bill!!! Bar tacks on jeans with no lugging or jamming, buttonholes through heavy thick fabrics -- Maggie the Magnificent will tackle it...no problem!! I tested her on some pretty extreme challenges and she conquered them beautifully!! I'm quite pleased and am sporting a full-time perma-grin!

Happy Sewing!



No comments:

Post a Comment