Thursday, February 20, 2014

Baby Sleepers


My 12 year old daughter came to me on Tuesday after school and said, "Hey Mom, my class at school is hosting a surprise baby shower for our teacher on Thursday.  Could you sew me two sleepers to give as a gift?"  I had a meeting to attend Tuesday night but I managed to whip these up yesterday (Wednesday).

I had so much fun making these.  There is nothing like sewing up bitty baby clothes.  Seriously makes me (almost) want another wee one.  I said almost!  LOL  


Pattern used is Ottobre Autumn 2005 issue, design #2.  Size 56 (newborn).  I've made this sleeper for my own babies.  I love sleepers with front zippers.  Makes for easy and quick diaper changes. 

I had to make these gender neutral -- though I do think they look very boyish to me.  Fabric is a soft cotton interlock.  Love the farm animal print.  



This sleeper is sewn up in a cozy white velour with green accents.  It's so soft and cuddly.  

I love this embroidery applique from Swak Embroidery.    So cute and stitched out beautifully!

I hope her teacher likes the sleepers. 

Happy Sewing!

2 comments:

  1. The sleepers are adorable! I hear you on *almost* wanting another baby so you can sew baby clothes.:) I'll stick to gift baby sewing though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cindy! Agreed.....let's stick to baby sewing!! Easy way to satisfy the baby cravings! LOL Appreciate your comment...I'm so new to this blogging thing. I literally whooped it up when I saw your comment!! My family thinks I'm nuts!!! LOL

      Delete