Saturday, June 21, 2014

My kindred spirit friend....Suzanne


This post is not really sewing related...though I end with a sew and show.

This post is a little more personal about me and my friend, Suzanne, who holds a very place in my heart.  

I met Suzanne about 12 years ago.  We didn't meet in person. We met on an online sewing forum.  Her user name was Blueberryfarm.  She had the words..."child of the King" under her username.  I felt an immediate connection to her....the farm part and the God part.   I would respond to her posts and she responded to mine.  We were friends from the get go and emailed privately...sharing our love for sewing with each other and chatting about our day-to-day lives too.

We would often talk about meeting in person...but the distance kept us from meeting since I was Canada and she in California.  Little did I realize that we would meet but under extreme tragedy and loss.

July 6th, 2004 my daughter was taken from this earth to forever be with the Lord.  She was killed in a farm related accident.  My whole world shattered in an instant.  The whole comprehension of loss isn't understood or even realized.  I have very vague memories of the weeks that followed.  But I do remember Suzanne.  She came.  She flew up for the funeral.  She sat with me.  She cried with me.  

In August we took our family on a road trip and drove to California and spent time with Suzanne and her sweet family.  She is such a comfort and joy to me and I am so blessed to have her in my life.  

Over the years, Suz and I fly back and forth to each others homes.  I love our visits.  I love our conversations and I love our crafting time.  

Suz and her daughter came up to my place a couple of weeks ago.  It was pure bliss to spend time together again.  

Suzanne on the left and me on the right

One of the things we did was paint a small little table with milk paint.  Suzanne is such an amazing crafter.  She recently started buying used furniture and painting them and re-selling the them.  All her pieces are amazing works of art!  So she shared her tips and expertise with me.  I'm thrilled with this little table.  It started out just a honey wood stain.  We used Miss Mustard Seed Lucketts Green.  I didn't antique it though...because it was covered in a thick clear lacquer and wouldn't antique well.




I have this little table sitting in my foyer and every time I look at it I think of my friend, Suzanne!

Another thing we did was sew our "sister" skirts.  Simple yoga waistband, A-line, self-drafted skirts.  It was so much fun sewing with Suzanne.


I made a bright orange funky print and Sewzanne a soft floral print.  Awww...this picture makes me all verklempt when I look at it!!  snifff....sniffff..

We had a wonderful visit...and can't wait to head her way next time.  Love you Suz....my kindred spirited friend.  


No comments:

Post a Comment