Thursday, June 12, 2014

A big kid baby sleeper ....aka pajama onsie..




















I guess I'm getting old and am totally out of the loop when it comes to current fashion trends.  I honestly had no idea that big kids were wearing big 'ol baby sleepers for pajamas.  Really??

My 12 year old daughter is in grade 7..the final grade in our elementary school.  One of the perks of being in grade 7 is going to camp.  She had asked me to sew her up a  pj onsie to take to camp. Apparently every single tween/teen on the entire planet wears big kid sleepes now....everyone, except her.  LOL

Anyhow, the camp date got pushed up and I was under strict deadline.  I had one afternoon to whip this sucker out.  Luckily Jalie came to the rescue and with all their patterns this was easy to sew and complete in a time crunch.  I even managed to line up my stripes pretty good.  Yeah!!

Pattern:  Jalie 3244   Pajama onsie
Fabric:  80/20 cotton/poly velour from my stash

                                           
                             
Our dog, Sam, has to check out the new sleeper too!





Ally had a great time at camp and her big baby sleeper worked out beautifully!  LOL  

Until next time....Happy Sewing!





No comments:

Post a Comment