Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter!!

Happy Easter!!


"Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die;" ~John 11:25

***************************

Easter is such an awesome celebration in my faith!  Such a reminder of what our Lord endured for us!

In celebration of Easter I made my two girls their Easter dresses for church.
I didn't want to anything too floofy for Jenelle as I wanted her to be able to wear her dress more than once. So I chose the new Oliver + S Garden Party Dress. I used Michael Miller Patty Young Sanctuary Orchid Feng Shui Fabric that has been curing in my stash for far too long! I had a perfect match of solid pink for the contrast! The dress was so simply and fun to put together. I love the gathered bodice and the gathered cap sleeves are darling!



Here are close-ups of the front and back.




Here are a couple of modeled shots.


She was watching a hummingbird drink from our feeder!  LOL

For Allison, I made her a dress from the Ottobre Spring/Summer 2014 issue (design #1)  A simple tank dress.  I wanted simple lines in the dress because I was using ruffle fabric.  I just bound the neckline and the armholes with matching cotton interlock fabric I had in my stash.

Here are some modeled shots of Miss. Ally.

She wore the cardigan to church as it was a bit chilly.
 

All in all I'm happy with their dresses...they're Springy and yet simple enough that they will get worn all Spring/Summer long.  

Thanks for looking.  Til next time...Happy Sewing!

2 comments:

  1. The girls (and dresses!) are beautiful! The Garden Party dress is darling in that print with the pink accents. And I love the ruffle fabric dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww -- you're so sweet!! Thank you so much! I appreciate your kind words -- they indeed always make my day!!

      Delete